Sunday, January 24, 2010

What's with the name???




Thought I better explain why we chose to name our blog "Willy's Well". Willy is Bryan's nickname from college---from the great last name of WILLnerd. And the "well" has to do with 1. a place that a group of friends come together to chill, enjoy each other, and become close and 2. the day before Bryan and I met he (and his Mom Glenda) were beside Peter Pan's Wishing Well in the Magic Kingdom, Orlando, (i.e. the happist place on earth DISNEY WORLD) and Glenda asked for a coin to throw in. Bryan gave her one and they both threw in a coin and made a wish. They both wished for Bryan to get married. The next morning I met Bryan in the Orlando Airport in Terminal B when the family sat beside me before our flight back to Kansas City. We went to the movies that night in KCMO, 7 months later I put a downpayment on a wedding, (Haha), 9 months later we were engaged, and 14 months later we were married!

And I really love that my Daddy told the story during the wedding ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment