Friday, September 10, 2010

Funny thing about throwing up

Throwing up will never be fun. It's not fun to do. It's not fun to clean up. It's not fun to smell. I'm also getting too old to recover from a full 12 hours of hugging the toliet. I wasn't feeling great on Wednesday night, but it's been pretty crazy at work and I thought I was just tired, so I went to bed around 9pm. Around 10 pm I wake up and know there is something not right going on in my mid section. For as long as I can remember I always want to soak in a hot bath when I'm sick, so I got up and ran a bath with epsom salt and soaked.....until I had to get out to puke. I would be okay with once. It happens, I ate something wrong or etc., but I knew that this one time would lead to many more throughout the evening. So I went ahead and just lay down on the bathroom floor. When round two came, I thought "I'm married now, Bryan should get up and help..." Help do what I do not know. So I call "bryan".....nothing...."bryan, I need you"....nothing. Dang box fan right behind our bed that I insist be running at top speed. Finally I resort to our wonderful dog Ellie. I call "Ellie....", I hear her clicks on the hardwood, and then a lick to my face. Thank God for dogs! "Ellie go get daddy...go get daddy" and low and behold she runs back into the bedroom and starts barking. I love this DOG!

I then convince Bryan to go to Walgreens at 2 a.m. That was not very nice of me, but it was very very nice of him to go. And that is why throwing up can be funny sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. The thought of the dog coming to you when your husband did not made me smile so big. Dogs are just the best!!! Okay, okay...husbands are the best (most of the time), but dogs are a very, VERY close second. I'm sorry you're sick. Stomach sick is the WORST! Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete